At Central Diesel, we are a distributor of diesel engines and diesel engine components. One of our core product offerings is fuel injection systems and parts, which are designed to consistently deliver precise combinations of fuel and air to engine cylinders. Compared to the carburetors they ultimately replaced, they offer better fuel efficiency, drive consistency, and easier servicing requirements. Below, we highlight the types of fuel injection systems available and our product offerings.
Types of Fuel Injection Systems
Fuel injection systems can be categorized into four basic types:
Single-Point Fuel Injection Systems
Single-point systems—also known as throttle body injection systems—are the original iteration of fuel injection systems. They were used to replace carburetors by adding one or two fuel injector nozzles to the throttle body. While they offer less precision than other systems, they are much cheaper and easier to service than carburetors.
Multipoint Fuel Injection Systems
Multipoint systems—also known as port injection systems—have a separator injector nozzle for each engine cylinder located outside of its intake port. They offer more precise fuel metering than single-point systems, which makes them better at achieving the desired fuel-air ratio and less likely to cause fuel condensation or collection in the intake manifold.
Sequential Fuel Injection Systems
Sequential systems—also known as sequential port fuel injection or timed injection systems—are a type of multiport system. They allow each injector nozzle to be triggered independently, resulting in higher fuel efficiency and lower emissions.
Direct Fuel Injection Systems
Direct systems inject fuel directly into the combustion chamber of the engine, bypassing the cylinders and valves. They have the most precise fuel metering capabilities.
Fuel Injection Systems and Parts Available at Central Diesel
We distribute a broad selection of fuel injection systems and parts from various manufacturers to suit different diesel system needs. The systems we have available and repair are the following:
- Robert Bosch
(Click to Expand)
These fuel systems are used by most engine manufacturers and can be found in these highly visible applications:
- Gas, National & LPG Engines
- Dodge/Cummins Engines
- Ford Engines
- GM Engines
- Navistar Engines
- Sprinter/Jeep Engines
We also offer the following system parts and products:
- For Dodge/Cummins engines: water pumps, fuel shut-off valve assemblies and coils, fuel transfer pump kits, sensors, seal and gasket kits, starters, and various other engine components and accessories for 5.9-liter engines, 6.7-liter engines, and engines with PT pumps
- For Ford engines: power stroke injectors and modules, fuel transfer pumps, fuel filter heater elements, sensors, actuators, electrical harness and repair kits, seal and gasket kits, filters, starters, and various other engine components and accessories for 6.0-liter engines, 6.4-liter engines, 6.7-liter engines, and 7.3-liter engines
- For GM engines: sensors, actuators, electrical harness and repair kits, seal and gasket kits, filters, fuel transfer pumps, water pumps, starters, mechanical vacuum pumps, injection lines, hoses, and various other engine components and accessories for 6.5-liter engines and 6.6-liter engines
- For Navistar engines: injectors, sensors, actuators, electrical harness and repair kits, seal and gasket kits, filters, fuel transfer pumps, fuel filter heating elements, water and oil pumps, engine oil coolers, and various other engine components and accessories
- For Sprinter/Jeep engines: filters and water pumps for 2.7-liter engines and 3.0-liter engines
Quality Fuel Injection Systems and Parts at Central Diesel
Since fuel injection systems play an essential role in diesel engines, it is vital to select and source them from a reliable supplier. If you’re looking for quality fuel injection systems and parts for your diesel engine application, the experts at Central Diesel have got you covered! We supply a variety of injection system components and accessories to meet various diesel engine needs. To learn more about injection system offerings, check out our injection system catalog or contact us today. For specific product questions or pricing details, request a quote.