The transportation industry relies on diesel engines to move a wide range of goods and personnel by ground and water. From trucks, trains, and buses to barges, boats, and military vehicles, diesel engines are used in several transportation applications. At Central Diesel, we offer a broad range of diesel engine solutions. Here, we will discuss the common applications and key advantages of using diesel engines for road transportation.
Diesel Engines for Road Transportation
Due to their safety, reliability, and efficiency, diesel engines are the predominant power source for a wide range of transportation vehicles, including:
Diesel Engine Vehicles
Various consumer vehicles have diesel engines. Diesel vehicles have compression-ignited injection systems rather than spark-ignited systems that are used by gasoline vehicles. With this type of system, diesel fuel is injected into the engine’s combustion chamber and is ignited by the high temperatures resulting from the gas being compressed by the engine piston. Diesel vehicles can also reduce emissions using additional after-treatment components that break down dangerous fumes and reduce particulate matter.
The majority of public transit buses use hybrid diesel engines, with a large portion of them incorporating the latest clean diesel technology that meets strict emissions standards. Clean diesel buses offer improved fuel efficiency and emission reductions while ensuring cost-effective, durable, and reliable bus transportation. Diesel engines also produce more torque and are built to maintain power with heavier loads, making them the best choice for buses that have to haul large amounts of passengers.
Heavy transportation vehicles that rely on diesel engines include locomotives, mining trucks, and other construction vehicles. Diesel engines are beneficial for these types of vehicles due to their enhanced fuel efficiency. Heavy transportation vehicles use large amounts of diesel per mile, so using a less efficient fuel would result in a significant increase in fuel costs. Diesel engines also ensure minimal costs per ton of material moved, higher load capacities and payloads, and maximum performance for heavy-duty applications.
Advantages of a Diesel Engine for Transportation
Diesel engines deliver several advantages to the transportation industry. One main advantage of diesel engines over gasoline engines is their lack of spark plugs and spark wires, which lowers overall maintenance costs. Diesel fuel also burns at a lower temperature, contributing to the improved lifespan of diesel units.
Diesel engines offer durability, reliability, and overall ruggedness to perform in extreme conditions. They also compress air in the pistons at almost double that of gasoline engines, resulting in an even greater level of efficiency and power.
Transportation Diesel Products from Central Diesel
Diesel engines offer reliable performance in demanding applications such as locomotive transportation, moving heavy loads, and more. Because of this, many applications within the transportation industry rely on diesel engines to provide fuel-efficient and cost-effective performance.
At Central Diesel, we have been a proud supplier of diesel engines, parts, and services of the highest quality for over 45 years. We have worked with various industries, including mining, government, agriculture, railroad, military, industrial, automotive, marine, rental, and construction. Our services include the repair, rebuilding, and replacement of Ingersoll Rand, Briggs & Stratton, Vanguard, FTP, Continental, Lombardini, Lister-Petter, Kohler, Kubota, Hatz, Perkins, Isuzu, and Cummins diesel engines.
Our wide selection of capabilities allows us to service nearly every diesel engine. Our diesel engine services include:
- Diesel Engine Electrical Components. Electrical components, such as oil pan heaters and block heaters, are crucial for preventing excessive wear on the engine. We offer a full line of replacement electrical components as well as installation and rebuild services.
- Diesel Engine Filtration Systems. To keep particulates out of your engine, we offer a wide range of diesel filtration systems designed to lower maintenance costs, prevent damage, and optimize engine performance.
- Diesel Turbocharger Assemblies. To ensure optimal efficiency of your engine, we offer cost-effective turbocharger repair services, including complete factory replacements, cartridge replacements, and more.
- Fuel Injections. To prevent fuel injection component failure, we carry a full line of fuel injection systems and parts.
- Hydraulics. We offer a wide range of hydraulic hoses and fittings in brands such as Eaton, Everflex, and more.
- Exhaust Systems. We carry many catalytic components, silencers, and accessories to ensure diesel exhaust systems remain secure and in good working condition.
- Doosan Infracore. For added value and convenience in diesel engine generators, we offer a complete line of Doosan Infracore products for your mobile power needs.